revoapparel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
Status
I know many have said that 7 and 8 are good Kaplan tests to take, what about 9,10, and 11? I know that the scales haven't been formulated for 10 and 11 yet; however, what do you think about those tests?? Kaplan PS is always overly difficult, but what about the bio and verbal sections of these tests?

jsol

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
texas
Status
Medical Student
if you dont have any other tests why not take em. And i didnt like kaplan 8. I thought the orgo on the bio section was really hard.

Div_MD2B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2005
Status
Medical Student
jsol said:
if you dont have any other tests why not take em. And i didnt like kaplan 8. I thought the orgo on the bio section was really hard.
i totally agree on u regarding the bio section on 8...there were like five freakin ochem passages on there :eek: is there a chance that the real test might have that much ochem? god, i hope not.
To the OP: i think the later kaplan tests r good practice just because of the fact that they r so hard...and u get used to telling urself to just move on with the test no matter how hard the question is. and plus, who knos if on the 19th, u end up with a few really hard passages...then taking these kaplans might actually pay off. however, if u haven't taken the AAMC ones, i would take those before doin the rest of the kaplans. good luck studyin:)

About the Ads

Probasesteal

10+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Status
Pre-Medical
debating on paying then $80 or so for the aamc tests.

I have taken a few kaplans, the free aamc and a couple "barron" tests in an older book.

^would you recommend the aamc tests?

Div_MD2B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Probasesteal said:
debating on paying then $80 or so for the aamc tests.

I have taken a few kaplans, the free aamc and a couple "barron" tests in an older book.

^would you recommend the aamc tests?
definitely try sum of the aamc tests. i think the latest ones (7,8,9) would be the best ones to try. although i think kaplans are good 'cuz they r hard....but their verbal isn't that great in terms of the kind of questions that they ask. i have never done any of the barron tests...so can't say anything about those.
g'luck studyin!

Skillbot

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Medical Student
jsol said:
I am glad I was not the only one who thought so! I am taking the Kaplan 9 next week, I have heard some several people that it is pretty good, we shall see though.

amoheban

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I would urge against taking any Baron's book practice tests. I have one of their books, and I would say that the review material is poor and their tests are way off. It is nothing like the actual test. Especially the Verbal section, its laughable how off it is. Its like they've never looked at the AAMC tests.

Skillbot

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Medical Student
amoheban said:
I would urge against taking any Baron's book practice tests. I have one of their books, and I would say that the review material is poor and their tests are way off. It is nothing like the actual test. Especially the Verbal section, its laughable how off it is. Its like they've never looked at the AAMC tests.
Off as in easier or harder?

About the Ads