Kaplan 9,10,11 Full-Lengths: Worth Taking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

revoapparel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know many have said that 7 and 8 are good Kaplan tests to take, what about 9,10, and 11? I know that the scales haven't been formulated for 10 and 11 yet; however, what do you think about those tests?? Kaplan PS is always overly difficult, but what about the bio and verbal sections of these tests?

Members don't see this ad.

if you dont have any other tests why not take em. And i didnt like kaplan 8. I thought the orgo on the bio section was really hard.

jsol said:
if you dont have any other tests why not take em. And i didnt like kaplan 8. I thought the orgo on the bio section was really hard.

i totally agree on u regarding the bio section on 8...there were like five freakin ochem passages on there :eek: is there a chance that the real test might have that much ochem? god, i hope not.
To the OP: i think the later kaplan tests r good practice just because of the fact that they r so hard...and u get used to telling urself to just move on with the test no matter how hard the question is. and plus, who knos if on the 19th, u end up with a few really hard passages...then taking these kaplans might actually pay off. however, if u haven't taken the AAMC ones, i would take those before doin the rest of the kaplans. good luck studyin:)

debating on paying then $80 or so for the aamc tests.

I have taken a few kaplans, the free aamc and a couple "barron" tests in an older book.

^would you recommend the aamc tests?

Members don't see this ad :)
Probasesteal said:
debating on paying then $80 or so for the aamc tests.

I have taken a few kaplans, the free aamc and a couple "barron" tests in an older book.

^would you recommend the aamc tests?

definitely try sum of the aamc tests. i think the latest ones (7,8,9) would be the best ones to try. although i think kaplans are good 'cuz they r hard....but their verbal isn't that great in terms of the kind of questions that they ask. i have never done any of the barron tests...so can't say anything about those.
g'luck studyin!

jsol said:

I am glad I was not the only one who thought so! I am taking the Kaplan 9 next week, I have heard some several people that it is pretty good, we shall see though.

I would urge against taking any Baron's book practice tests. I have one of their books, and I would say that the review material is poor and their tests are way off. It is nothing like the actual test. Especially the Verbal section, its laughable how off it is. Its like they've never looked at the AAMC tests.

amoheban said:
I would urge against taking any Baron's book practice tests. I have one of their books, and I would say that the review material is poor and their tests are way off. It is nothing like the actual test. Especially the Verbal section, its laughable how off it is. Its like they've never looked at the AAMC tests.

Off as in easier or harder?

yeah, the review in the Barron book is very bad, i just had it and thought i'd complete the tests at least.