Kaplan Audition Attire?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shibby1983

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have an audition for Kaplan on Wed. and was wondering what people wore. Suit and tie? Or more casual?

BTW the topic I'm doing is How to eat at a Korean Restaurant.

Members don't see this ad.

shibby1983 said:
Hi all.

I have an audition for Kaplan on Wed. and was wondering what people wore. Suit and tie? Or more casual?

I dressed business casual at my audtion (and I got hired) but there were people dressed in jeans and some were even in suits and ties. Make sure you are comfortable but professional! Good luck!!

I'd go with a Shirt & Tie with some nice khakis. (or the girl equivalent)

You'll look good and it won't hinder your performance.

Just through personal experience...

Now, if you're sick, postpone, I was sick as a dog and I blew my audition, you only get one shot. I really should have waited the extra month for them to come back.

Members don't see this ad :)
shibby1983 said:
Hi all.

Look Professional.

Same thing you would wear to teach . . . business casual.

I wore black pants and some sweater or something, heels, jewelry, makeup, etc.

Really the most important part is your presentation. I love my job there, and you get paid a lot for not much working, so good luck!

Oh yes, we fresh to death, none the less
When you was out we was rockin' Guess
But guess what, now we rockin' Snoop Dogg Clothin'
And every ***** in the clique straight rollin'

the dress code for teaching at the St. Louis Kaplan Center is business casual-- no jeans. So to audition, dress the same way.

Well, business casual is best. Don't wear jeans or a t-shirt - you're not allowed to wear them when you teach.

You will look more respectable if you dress up a bit. Plus, your students will treat you better.