Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Kaplan CK videos: best lectures to watch

Discussion in 'Step II' started by 1nycdoc8, Aug 16, 2011.

1. 1nycdoc8

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey everyone, I hope studying is going well!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend to me which Kaplan step 2 CK lectures to watch.

I have around 3 weeks left of study time and to this point I've done UW 1.5x, and DIT vids once.

A friend of mine suggested that I should at the very least watch Dr. Fisher's lectures (Cardio and ID). If anyone has any other advice/suggestions I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for your time.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. go lakers

go lakers Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I recommend all of Fisher's lectures to start, as well

4. 1nycdoc8

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I truly truly wish I had watched these kaplan videos during third year, they are GREAT. Well, at least Conrad's videos. Any of you 3rd years who just started/half way through whatever should really invest in these or find someone who has them. They're a great supplement to reading a textbook.

5. sylvanthus

sylvanthus EM/IM/CC PGY-6
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    If they didn't cost 2,400+ dollars I would consider it, but this is just too damn much. Anyone know of a discount code or way to obtain one?

6. wikaaa

2+ Year Member

I bought the online videos and they are really unreliable - frequently the server doesn't work, or the videos freeze or skip, or security settings change so you can't even access them. They are exorbitantly expensive and I find it really difficult to justify the price. The customer service is nothing to brag about either. Usually they will just tell you to reset your cache or say your computer is broken.

7. je355804

je355804 Mew Nember
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Does anyone happen to know when the videos were last updated? My friend gave me what appears to be an old version... Conrad Fischer still has hair, and I bought the Kaplan Step 1 2010 videos and he was completely bald (and the screen backgrounds were green) in the Step 2 videos I have they are blue, and everything looks old.

I was hoping someone knew if there are 2010 or newer step 2 videos, because if there are I'm going to buy them from Kaplan.