Kaplan Course Books For Self-Study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

capnamerica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm using the Kaplan books from their MCAT course, but I'm doing self-study. At the same time, I'm primarily using EK and Nova for Physics. I was looking through their lesson book and although they outline general strategies to tackling passages in the beginning, I'm finding that there are no answers and explanations to their passage questions. So, I need some advice on whether to continue using this or not. Has anyone else ever used their Lesson Book for self-study? If so, where are the answers to the questions located? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I primarily used the Kaplan books for studying. Which passages are you talking about? If I remember correctly, there were review questions after each chapter, and these questions were answered on the following pages. Are those the passages you're referring to?

I don't know if the lesson book will be any good for self-study since there are no answers. However, the review books are good for studying.

pick8- no i was only referring to their lesson book which according to the poster above and my own experience is not helpful for self-studying premeds. but yeah, their review books are good. just that they don't have passages after each topic only review questions akin to those found in textbooks. looks like I'm sticking with EK! thanks y'all!

I don't know if the lesson book will be any good for self-study since there are no answers. However, the review books are good for studying.