Kaplan Course - Does It Teach You Or Is It A Weak Review Of Material ???

beard

I Hate Cavities
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Louisiana
    i used the big kaplan book to study for the DAT and i thought it was a very good source to study from. i studied on my own for about 2 months. i was pleased with my score especially in the sciences. the only part of the test that i wish i would have done better in was quantitative reasoning.
    in addition to kaplan, i also used top score tests to practice with. this is a CD-ROM with three practice tests. i personally thought the actual DAT was easier than the practice tests. it is good to practice with material that is more difficult than the real thing b/c when its time to take the test it will be that much easier for you.
    good luck

About the Ads

eddiescott

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    10+ Year Member
    Nov 25, 2004
      beard said:
      i used the big kaplan book to study for the DAT and i thought it was a very good source to study from. i studied on my own for about 2 months. i was pleased with my score especially in the sciences. the only part of the test that i wish i would have done better in was quantitative reasoning.
      in addition to kaplan, i also used top score tests to practice with. this is a CD-ROM with three practice tests. i personally thought the actual DAT was easier than the practice tests. it is good to practice with material that is more difficult than the real thing b/c when its time to take the test it will be that much easier for you.
      good luck

Topscore doesnt give the reasons why answers are wrong correct???

I heard that it just gave a b c d e answers.

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jul 28, 2004
        I thought it was worth it as well. The class part of it was definitely lacking for the first half but then my instructor broke her arm and was out for 3 or 4 weeks and we had a different guy doing the teaching. I got more out of his 3 lectures than the entire rest of the classroom with the other girl. My point is that the instructer can make or break the classroom part of it. The online part was wonderful, especially with all of the subject tests. It was the best 1000bucks that I spent as far as school goes.

joy2dmd

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Aug 12, 2004
          eddiescott said:
          Topscore doesnt give the reasons why answers are wrong correct???

I heard that it just gave a b c d e answers.

my topscorepro.com cd has a "solution" button on the question screen. You have to get the current version I think. At least mine is the 2005 edition. even with the solution, a good tip is to look up the study topic they give you and make sure you study that subject from your school books. that's the best thing.

lakersfan

10+ Year Member
          Jun 14, 2004
          los angeles, ca
          1. Medical Student
            Is the Kaplan book you buy from a bookstore like amazon.com the same as the one you get from the class if you sign up? I already took the MCAT and got an ok score ( 33 ). I really dont have money to spend on another class and would rather just use the study book if it will be the same as the one you get in the class. Thanks in advance!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.