Kaplan course for DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laphikhanh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to improve my DAT score. I would like to ask what you guys thinking about Kaplan course preparing for DAT. Is it a good preparation for DAT? Is it the average DAT score of 20s of Kaplan students?

Thanks,

PhiKhanh

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think kaplan is worth the money. I have a ton of books i used that helped me score in the range you desire. I took tha Kaplan course, and I have first hand knowledge that I did not gain a lot out of it.

If you think spending 1,000 bucks will motivate you, then by all means go ahead, but if you are dedicated for 3-5 months you can easily excel on this test.

i was cleaning out my room and i found a ton of resources that I used for the DAT and they really helped me. If you are interested please email me or PM me.

DesiDentist

kaplan prep course is not worth it. just buy their book and study by yourself. (they basically go over that book)

Members don't see this ad :)
Dittoe. Get the materials on-line or from some succesful applicant who is willing to donate their materials for shipping and handling fee. If you got the money, their on-site subject tests are really helpful. The lectures are not worth your time. Well It really depends on your facilitator. Ask Kaplan to fully explain to you their schedule of activities etc. BUt, like Desi, I think you can do well just knowing the major headlines/subjects and reading your notes/textbooks for 6-7 months.
Good Luck!

Well I thought it was worth it. Granted the lectures generally aren't that helpful but the material is. The thing I thought was the best was all the subject tests they had. I studied for 2 months (the first of was while i was still taking classes) and kept up with the course in addition to doing it again on my own during the last month. I ended up taking the DAT the week after the class ended and did really well. Just to have access to all the subject tests was worth it for me. There's no way I could study for 6-7 months for something. That's way to long.

laphikhanh,

I got a PM from you, but it got deleted due to the server problems I think. I sent you an email at your Yahoo account. Please, you can correspond with me via email if you want.

DesiDentist

i found that you can study the kaplan books on your own but i found the access to practice tests, especially the PAT and online tests to be very valuable