Kaplan course vs. Kaplan book? any advantage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalvibe8881

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the lectures will be worthless as they are with any of these courses. And I don't need the course to help me with discipline. I know it sounds strange but some people say they pay the $1000 to join the course to help them with discipline.

Aside from these reason, is there any advantage the course offers than the Kaplan DAT book and topescore doesn't offer?

Members don't see this ad.

I used just the Kaplan book and the Barron's Book and did well enough to get accepted to all the schools to which i applied.

KorgTuner

know it sounds strange but some people say they pay the $1000 to join the course to help them with discipline.
Wouldn't it be more cost-effective (and a lot more fun) just to find a domineering girlfriend for the summer? :laugh:

Attachments

• whippingboy.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 130
Members don't see this ad :)
If you take the course you will have access to the Kaplan "study materials" onsite.

However, those are in no way needed to get a good score, and using those materials does not in any way guarantee a good score.

I just used the book and did fine. Save the $$ for the interview process--you'll need it.

Yeah the class is pretty much worthless. You get some extra study materials and diagnostic tests, but it isnt worth $1000. I took it so I would actually study. Becuase I was taking 12 credit hours in the summer, it would have been very easy for me to make excuses to not study. But when I sunk a grand in I had to go.

I just used the book and the TopScore CD and did quite well. I, too, like many others have bad discipline. Just bust out a 2 month calendar and make a detailed schedule. A plan of attack so to say. Stick to it and you'll do fine. Good luck!