Kaplan Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HessExpress

Holy Macaroni
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have piles of walstreet journals piling up in their rooms because of Kaplan's free one year subscription that go unread? How can anyone read that garbage unless they are in their mid 40's with 2 kids and a mortgage? Isn't there any other freebie they could have thrown us that could have been better for verbal that a 20 year old would actually want to read?

Members don't see this ad.

HessExpress said:
Does anyone else have piles of walstreet journals piling up in their rooms because of Kaplan's free one year subscription that go unread? How can anyone read that garbage unless they are in their mid 40's with 2 kids and a mortgage? Isn't there any other freebie they could have thrown us that could have been better for verbal that a 20 year old would actually want to read?

:laugh: I thought the same thing 2 years ago when I took the course, the papers started piling up in the back seat of my car.

Exactly.

I would rather get the NY Times, but then again, I can read that online. I just give the WSJ to my parents.

I totally agree! what a waste of paper! It would have been more helpful to send us medical journals, not finance related newspaper. They could have sent us something better considering the amount of money we are spending on the course! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with you guys. :thumbup: However, other people in previous MCAT threads have posted that WSJ helped them improve their verbal scores. We shall see for ourselves if this is true. :cool: I hope it is because I have been reading them although I find the NY Times more interesting.

HessExpress said:

Actually, they came in very handy when I was moving and needed to pack up my glassware. :laugh:

I really dont think it helps your verbal score a lot. You just improve that by taking a shiet load of tests and working on your mapping etc.

I still think the WSJ is the shiet. The articles are great...I also recommend the economist. I guess it could help you in reading quickly and effectively, but not much else...

I read childrens picture books to help my verbal on the mcat