Kaplan course ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

internetwop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this might be a dumb ? but for anyone who has taken the Kaplan course, it says the 1st day you take a "diagnostic test", is this like a mini MCAT that you take the 1st day of class? thanx :D

Members don't see this ad.

internetwop said:
this might be a dumb ? but for anyone who has taken the Kaplan course, it says the 1st day you take a "diagnostic test", is this like a mini MCAT that you take the 1st day of class? thanx :D
Yes. You actually take two tests: one is a third-length MCAT (you do half PS, half VR and half BS sections, no essays), and one is a science diagnostic that tests your knowledge of all four sciences tested on the MCAT. The entire diagnostic testing takes about 4 or 4.5 hours.

QofQuimica said:
Yes. You actually take two tests: one is a third-length MCAT (you do half PS, half VR and half BS sections, no essays), and one is a science diagnostic that tests your knowledge of all four sciences tested on the MCAT. The entire diagnostic testing takes about 4 or 4.5 hours.
thanx! yikes, i better really get studying. it's been quite a while since i've taken physical sciences :eek:

internetwop said:
thanx! yikes, i better really get studying. it's been quite a while since i've taken physical sciences :eek:
You don't need to study. In fact, it's best if you don't. The whole point of the diagnostic is to show you where your strengths and weaknesses are so that you know where you need to focus on improving. If you study, you might remember some things you memorized last minute and wrongly conclude that you are better in that area than you really are. Take it cold, and expect the score to be low. Most of my students score in the high teens or low twenties on the diagnostic.

Members don't see this ad :)
QofQuimica said:
You don't need to study. In fact, it's best if you don't. The whole point of the diagnostic is to show you where your strengths and weaknesses are so that you know where you need to focus on improving. If you study, you might remember some things you memorized last minute and wrongly conclude that you are better in that area than you really are. Take it cold, and expect the score to be low. Most of my students score in the high teens or low twenties on the diagnostic.
oh, i think i'll be on the low end of that spectrum! thanx for your reply :D