Kaplan Diag or 3 sets of 50 Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheMaestro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to take a Diagnostic to see where I'm weak at. I still need to take two systems courses (Pulmonary and Derm).

I am worried that my Kaplan Diag score wouldn't be accurate because I haven't taken those subjects yet so I was thinking of just doing three hours worth of Q bank questions and just unclicking the Pulmonary and Derm sections.

Do you think this is a good idea? Is there anything the Kaplan Diagnostic tells you that the normal Q-Bank performance doesn't?

I just don't want to end up feeling like I wasted 3 hours.

Members don't see this ad.

If you want a real diagnostic of your score, then take a test that will give you that, honestly probably not kaplan since that gives you a percentage and I personally havent found a way to turn that into a 3 digit score estimate, has anyone?

If you want to not worry about those subjects pulm and derm which you know youre going to be weak in and just take some questions and see how you do, then do your qbank. It's not going to be a usmle estimate though but it will give you a rough grade of how well you know that material.