Kaplan Diagnostic exam scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgrl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm sorry if there's been way too many posts about this before in advance!

I am taking the Kaplan DAT class and have my diagnostic next thursday. I have not reviewed or studied yet at all and I am going away for a vacation until next wednesday (before my class).

I was getting nervous about that though because since I haven't yet reviewed anything, I am expecting a LOW score. I know this is going to let me down a little but I was hoping others might have gone through this and let me know their thoughts or how much you can really improve from the first diagnostic until the real thing if you study for about 1.5 - 2 months w/motivation and no job on the side. Also, is it normal to get as low as 13 and 14 on the first diagnostic without review? Thanks for your input!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there
I was in the same position as you. I took the diagnostic without any review, and I had no idea what the PAT was all about.
Got my scores and it was 14's across the board with a 12 on PAT.
Studied about 6-8 hours daily, 6 days a week, for about 2 months and took the test. I ended up with 26 TS/24 AA/ 22 PAT...not bad.
All in all, just go in there and dont be nervous! :thumbup:

PM me if u need more advice

don't worry about reviewing. After all, it is only a diagnostic, it is there to gauge what your level is as of now, tells you what you need to work on. It is not normal to get low scores, i believe i got a 14s or 15s the first time i've ever taken it. It can only get better with studying and practice.