Kaplan Diagnostic score to the real MCAT score, how much improvement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocwaveoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 24 (VR 7, PS 10, BS 7) on the Kaplan diagnostic.
I'm curious what I can expect in the real thing. What were some of your score improvements and how much work did you have to put in to get that?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I also got a 24 on the diagnostic ( 9 - 8 - 7 ... can't quite remember). i didn't really factor time in during the diagnostic and made it only half-way through each section ... but, the good news is that after four months of ass-busting mcat studying (took the classroom kaplan course) and listening to Audio Osmosis until i began cackling to myself like a madman as i drove around ... reading EK's bio/ochem books ... looking a flahscards ... and slowly going blind in the neon glow of my computer screen as i took all the AAMC full-lenghts and 5 of kaplan fl's ... my practice test scores went up bit by bit until by the week of the exam i was getting in the high 30's. my sanity and hygiene suffered, but i kept on trucking ...

And after nearly having a stroke b/c AAMC postponed the may 11th score release until yesterday, the final results are in (and i'm really effin' happy about em!!):

PS 13
VR 13
BS 12
WR O

38O

so be happy w/ your 24 diagnostic and get out there and kick some bootie!!!!

Good Luck!!!:luck:

sorry, this is kind of unrelated, but a quick question- is the kaplan diagnostic test available for purchase even for those not taking the prep classes?

thanks!

On the diagnostic I got a 23, i just got my scores back friday and i received a 30, 10/10/10. Overall, I actually didnt study as much as would have liked. I still made time for a practice test about every weekend. I think i took seven of them overall. I even started the kaplan class and thought it sucked so i stopped going. For me I just figured on what i needed more work in and focused on that. I know i could have done better if i studied more, BUT i am satisfied with my score for the amount of work i put in.