Kaplan Diagnostic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocWalken

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know some of you are going to think this thread is a little pointless, but I just started my online course with Kaplan and am still excited about finally preparing for this test.

What did you get on your diagnostic exam and on the real deal, if you've taken it?

I just took mine yesterday and got a 28: PS:7, VR:10, BS:11

I'll attribute the 7 to only having taken first semester physics and not knowing anything relating to magnetism or electricity.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, did anyone who has taken/is taking the online course have trouble getting your "individual study plan" to work. I figured it's probably a pretty pointless item since I know my weak areas, but I was just wondering if it's of any use.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Diagnostic: 7 PS 7 VR 9 BS

AAMC Average: 13 10 11

Actual MCAT (July 24): 12 10 12

the diagnostic doesnt mean anything - its insanely hard and you probably hadnt seen the MCAT format yet so obviously your going to score low

Diagnostic: 7 PS 7 VR 9 BS

AAMC Average: 13 10 11

Actual MCAT (July 24): 12 10 12

the diagnostic doesnt mean anything - its insanely hard and you probably hadnt seen the MCAT format yet so obviously your going to score low
I disagree, I think the diagnostic is a useful tool for seeing exactly where you're at before preparing at all.
Mine:
diagnostic: 31 (11/11/9)
actual mcat: 41 (14/14/13)

Jumped 10 points on my diagnostic as well...a balanced 22 to a balanced 32. Don't sweat the diagnostic, your score is pretty good and it will only soar after you put some prep work into it.

I got a 23 on the diagnostic (7 7 9) and take the real thing September 7th. So far my highest practice test has been a 32 (8 13 11) and during that test my computer messed up and ended up taking 15 minutes off of my PS section, so I like to think with those 15 minutes i could have had better than an 8. Of all the practice tests I've taken so far my highest in each section has been 10 13 12. I am just HOPING for 10s or higher across the board on test day!!!!

Just got finished taking the Kaplan diagnostic and I feel like I should just step in front of the train when it comes instead of waiting to get on it. Some of the **** they expect you to remember, or some of the math they expect you to do in the time they give you is INSANE!!!! I understand they make it hard so you panic and don't even think of not going to class, but DAMN DID THAT SUCK!!!!!

you are absolutely GOLDEN. With that kind of score on a diagnostic, which are deliberately designed to be harder than the actual exam, you're gold!

I got a 5VR, 9BS, and 6PS my first go through in TPR

ended up with a 8VR, 11BS, and 10PS

but i'm gonna try to boost that to 10s across the board .. really hating VR and have no clue why my brain won't just short-term memorize the passage better

you are absolutely GOLDEN. With that kind of score on a diagnostic, which are deliberately designed to be harder than the actual exam, you're gold!

I got a 5VR, 9BS, and 6PS my first go through in TPR

ended up with a 8VR, 11BS, and 10PS

but i'm gonna try to boost that to 10s across the board .. really hating VR and have no clue why my brain won't just short-term memorize the passage better
I think the OP is finished with his MCAT now, lol