kaplan diagnostic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klg2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, I just got my kaplan diagnostic scores back. I scored a 24 (8 PS, 8 VR, 8 BS). I am a junior who is in the first semester of physics, but have completed all other prereqs for the MCAT. I plan to complete a prep course next semester, and study on my own starting in november lasting up until the test. I plan to take the real MCAT in may or june of next year. Based on all of this:

1. was my score ok?
2. what would be my score potential at the may or june MCAT test?

Members don't see this ad.

1) Diagnostics are ment not so much to evaluate how you will do on test day, but to serve as sort of a baseline and to identify your weak points to focus on (okay, and they also kinda serve as way to hook students into taking their program). That said, a balanced 24 is a good start. More important is that you make the most of your time, study smart, use the diagnostic and future practice tests (tests > review) to focus on your weak areas.

2) It's impossible to say what your potential score may be. Most people do better on the real thing than on the diagnostic, not uncommonly by double digits. In the end it depends on how much time you put in, and how well you prepare.

Hey. Don't worry! I got a 20 on my diagnostic and by my first FL I got a 27 (9P 11v 8B). You'll be fine...I think a 24 is great to begin with (especially the 8 in verbal, thats a great sign!)

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a great first score... I think you could easily go up by 10 or more points.

I got a 26 on my diagnostic and scored a 34 on the real thing on july 24, so i wouldnt worry about it as long as you study good for it after the diagnostic

I scored a 31 on my diagnostic- Mostly due to a luck Verbal score, the highest i got on any practice scores. I studied a good deal, and doubt i improved much:(