Kaplan end of chapter questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATforsale1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, for those of you who used Kaplan's books and wrote the 2015 mcat already, how were you doing on the Kaplan end of chapter questions and how did you end up scoring on the MCAT? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Their end of chapter questions are crap. I wouldn't use them as anything other than to check to see if you retained what you read.

Reactions: 1 users
Seconded. The FL questions are better than the end of chapter questions, which are endlessly picky and often just plain wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the above. I try to do the end of chapter questions, but I hate doing them because they aren't that great. I always do the concept checks in order to make sure I understand what I read.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about the topical tests? (old ones. I don't have the 2015 ones)

I would also like to know if the old topic tests would be worth it to use over the end of chapter questions. For the most part, they are pretty crap, and I at least try to do the concept checks as they reiterate everything I just learned.

The concept checks often requires you to regurgitate info that you just read so I have my doubts about its use.

Some chapters (assuming you have on demand or in class ed.) have PBQs which are really helpful! There's the qbank.

I have the old concept checks as well as current; the old ones are crap for the current MCAT.