Kaplan Exams vs. Actual Scores...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarah_bellum

^ ban pls.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a million posts where folks describe their TopScore score and their Acheiver scores and compare them to their actuals. I'm early in the process of studying, and I'm not ready to purchase any of the time-dependent prep products. I'd like to see some ada practice vs. actual score and kaplan vs. actual score numbers.

Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

sarah_bellum said:
I've seen a million posts where folks describe their TopScore score and their Acheiver scores and compare them to their actuals. I'm early in the process of studying, and I'm not ready to purchase any of the time-dependent prep products. I'd like to see some ada practice vs. actual score and kaplan vs. actual score numbers.

Thanks in advance...

i posted the same thread a while back, but no responses to it. i dont think anyone here does kaplan full tests, only achiever and topscore. im taking mine next week and will let you know the similarities between them. :)

sarah_bellum said:

Thanks in advance...

Are you referring to the diagnostic test at kaplan.com that you can download and take for free??

sarah_bellum said:
Frankly, I'm referring to any of them - any of the free ones passed around here, the one on the CD in the book, the one in the book itself, etc.

How are you doing on the practice tests? The only practice test I have taken is the one at kaplan.com. I took it several months ago w/o studying at all and got a 16AA and 18PAT. I was disappointed, but have been studying ever since. I've refused to take any more practice tests, until I feel ready. I've seen some say that the practice test at kaplan was much easier than the real thing, some say it is comparable, and others say much harder. Who knows? From the posts I've read, I think it's safe to say that your actual DAT scores do go up on the real thing...basically b/c it IS the real thing. I think anyone would take it much more seriously than practice tests, and plus...you're taking it AFTER the practice tests, which are intended to help you. I'm shooting for a 20AA and 20+PAT, and I'm taking it in 4 weeks. Just keep studying, and treat it as though it is the most important test you have ever taken. Good Luck to you!!!! :luck: