1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaplan Final and Dat

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by adam11, Oct 20, 2002.

1. adam11

adam11 Member
    7+ Year Member

How does the kaplan final compare with the actual DAT?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. portlander

portlander Member
    7+ Year Member

They are very comarable. I did really well on the final, but I did better on the orgo and gen chem sections on the DAT. However, I did worse on the RC and QR than on the final. I really think when you get to a certain level of practice it depends on the particular test you are taking. Like if you get a RC passage that you already know a lot about, you will probably do better than on a different passage. Likewise, if you get a series of not-too-hard math questions on one test, you may get a not-so-nice set of questions on another test.

I think it's a probability thing. The probablility of you geting a similar score is very high, but there is a small possiblity that you get a lower or higher score as well.

4. dentalapp

dentalapp Member
    7+ Year Member

I did horribly on the Kaplan practice exams. I was barely getting like half correct on the sciences. I even did better on TopScore.

I ended up doing decently on the DAT.