Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Kaplan Final and Dat

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by adam11, Oct 20, 2002.

1. adam11

adam11 Member
    7+ Year Member

How does the kaplan final compare with the actual DAT?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. portlander

portlander Member
    7+ Year Member

They are very comarable. I did really well on the final, but I did better on the orgo and gen chem sections on the DAT. However, I did worse on the RC and QR than on the final. I really think when you get to a certain level of practice it depends on the particular test you are taking. Like if you get a RC passage that you already know a lot about, you will probably do better than on a different passage. Likewise, if you get a series of not-too-hard math questions on one test, you may get a not-so-nice set of questions on another test.

I think it's a probability thing. The probablility of you geting a similar score is very high, but there is a small possiblity that you get a lower or higher score as well.

4. dentalapp

dentalapp Member
    7+ Year Member

I did horribly on the Kaplan practice exams. I was barely getting like half correct on the sciences. I even did better on TopScore.

I ended up doing decently on the DAT.