Kaplan FL 10 & 11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badasshairday

Vascular and Interventional Radiology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are they worthwhile? I have heard they are ridiculously difficult and some people feel like they are a waste of time. Comments? I have yet to take them.

Members don't see this ad.

i just took 11 because i wanted to see just how bad it was. it was really pretty ridiculous. the PS was completely insane. studying any type of general chemistry or physics would not even help. i have no idea what the purpose of that exam was. verbal was also very hard. even going over the questions afterwards i am like what? take 10 and let me know how it goes. :smuggrin: just dont take it too seriously. i have taken aamc 3-7 and kaplan 1-5 and done really well on all of them. this test kicked me in the face. but i asked for it i guess. :thumbdown:

i just took 11 because i wanted to see just how bad it was. it was really pretty ridiculous. the PS was completely insane. studying any type of general chemistry or physics would not even help. i have no idea what the purpose of that exam was. verbal was also very hard. even going over the questions afterwards i am like what? take 10 and let me know how it goes. :smuggrin: just dont take it too seriously. i have taken aamc 3-7 and kaplan 1-5 and done really well on all of them. this test kicked me in the face. but i asked for it i guess. :thumbdown:

I just looked at the raw to scaled score conversion for Kaplan FL 10,11 and the curve is even tighter than the AAMC practice tests. It is insane! Esp the verbal.

these tests are more of a waste of study time than anything. Waaaaay to heavy on calculations on PS

Members don't see this ad :)
I did 11 and I dropped 15 points from my previous three practice tests. I was frustrated that I wasted the time doing the test. It was so ridiculous and off kilter compared to AAMC that I didn't even go over it too seriously

The best way to describe these tests is to imagine a PhD candidate who decided to take the MCAT all of a sudden. How would you test them.

These tests are PhD qualifying exam questions disguised in MCAT passages. Why are they there?

There's a small but die-hard group of students that want to do everything and learn from everything. If you've seen the explanations for the passages in Kaplan 10 and 11, you'd know that the real value is in going over the test after taking it, not necessarily in answering the questions.