Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Kaplan FL 10

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DOC1987, May 9, 2007.

1. DOC1987

DOC1987 Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    I remember telling me that kaplan's fl 10 and 11 were the oldest tests so kind of outdated. Has anyone here taken them? Was your score about the same as the other fl's?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ihdihd

ihdihd Member

They're actually the newest and they were scaled against students who took them. Imagine what happens when you scale a tests against people who took 9 other tests, the AAMC practice exams, and were now down to these.

I've seen reports of students who scored mid-high 30s that ended up with a 28 on 10 and 11, which makes sense if you think about it (a bunch of high scorers were normalized to have an average of 24).

Take the tests and learn from the content by reviewing them (very tough content) carefully. Other than that don't worry about the actual score.

Hope the inside baseball helps describe how the scaling is done.