1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Kaplan FL 5 Verbal Reasoning

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by PhaseShift11, Aug 2, 2011.

1. PhaseShift11

Hey guys, the verbal reasoning on Kaplan FL #5 specifically - did anyone have any problems with it? I went down 2-3 points from my regular score, and I'm currently reviewing my answers.

It seems like a lot of the answers aren't very well thought out on Kaplan's behalf. They misuse words and terms and many times so far it seems like I've gotten a question wrong because the "correct" answer is good yes, but they discount the answer I chose for the wrong reason. In other words, there are two good answers and the reason why mine is wrong and theirs is right doesn't make any sense.

Did anyone have trouble on this one specifically or is it just me?

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. music2doc

music2doc Student of Mad Doctoring
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I wouldn't worry about Kaplan's VR scores. They're not very representative of the real thing. Go take an AAMC and see how you do. My Kaplan FL scores were all over the place (range of 7-13 with a mode of 9). My AAMCs were consistently 10-12. My actual score was an 11. The Kaplan VR is poorly written. (No offense, guys!)

4. PhaseShift11

Yeah, I did my first AAMC FL today and I got 12 in verbal so I'm pretty happy with that.

Now that I'm going to be doing consistent AAMC FL instead of Kaplan's I have no worries.

Thanks.

5. tman5890

tman5890 Fiery Devotion
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :thumbup::thumbup:

6. dbizzy

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yes, I just finished Kaplan FL 5 and got my lowest verbal ever (8). I bet it's more on Kaplan's end than ours, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

And congrats on the 12!