Kaplan Fl#6

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_T_

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen much talk about it..I just took it and got a 31 (10/9/12)..and I got pretty discouraged especially by the PS section..although I got a 10..I actually only had 54% and I know I can't rely on that type of curve for the AAMC..in fact I 2 passages left with 10 minutes..I've never felt so rushed..

From what I've read here the aamc exams seem to have more calculations as of late..anyone know how FL #6 would relate?

Anyone else have similar problems for Fl# 6..also how do 7-9 compare since I'm gonna end up taking at least 2 of em at some point before August 6

Members don't see this ad.

I have been reading the same comments about the AAMC's shift towards more calculation based questions. The Kaplan PS sections however have calculations that are much more involved usually, and every Kaplan test is curved according to the level of the difficulty. So you cant really compare the kaplan curve to the AAMC curves because the AAMC PS section is much more like the type of questions you might expect to see, albeit there might be more calculations I still don't think they will be as complex as the kaplan ones. I recently took Kaplan 4 test, and felt like that was an extremely tough PS section, and was crunched for time. Yet I ended up with a 71% and a 13 on the section. So I asked my instructors and they told me that each test has been curved based on previous test takers and also a built in curve based on the difficulty of each question. So I wouldn't attempt to compare the curves, all that you need to know is that if you can get high grades on the kaplan PS, the real AAMC PS should be much easier or in the worse case scenario as difficult as the kaplan one. In worse case scenario you can count on many people doing poorly on the PS and thus the curve will level the playing field.

I just took KP6 and got a 31 as well (10/11/10). However 31 is pretty high for me since I usually get mid 20s; and I actually thought it was relatively easier than the others tests. Timing was definitely a problem though.

Thanks for the replies..I was just reviewing the exam and wow..it seemed like I got most of the difficult stuff right and made stupid easy mistakes..:( I really hope I don't do that on test day

I have been reading the same comments about the AAMC's shift towards more calculation based questions. The Kaplan PS sections however have calculations that are much more involved usually, and every Kaplan test is curved according to the level of the difficulty. So you cant really compare the kaplan curve to the AAMC curves because the AAMC PS section is much more like the type of questions you might expect to see, albeit there might be more calculations I still don't think they will be as complex as the kaplan ones. I recently took Kaplan 4 test, and felt like that was an extremely tough PS section, and was crunched for time. Yet I ended up with a 71% and a 13 on the section. So I asked my instructors and they told me that each test has been curved based on previous test takers and also a built in curve based on the difficulty of each question. So I wouldn't attempt to compare the curves, all that you need to know is that if you can get high grades on the kaplan PS, the real AAMC PS should be much easier or in the worse case scenario as difficult as the kaplan one. In worse case scenario you can count on many people doing poorly on the PS and thus the curve will level the playing field.

This is a very good comment.

So, if you think you are getting a bad score compared to practice AAMCs during the actual test, remember that if you find it hard so does everyone else. Therefore, you will get a curve more like Kaplan.

If you have been consistently at the top on the practice tests, then you should be there on the actual one as long as you remember to keep your head in the game and not let it mess with your focus.