Kaplan fl1 HORRIBLE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ebete

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the Kaplan fl1 6th.ed book, and am sooooooo:scared::eek::(:( I did TERRIBLE!!!!! I feel like I know nothing! gosh I did better on my first diagnostic in Feb BEFORE studying! Anyone else? or did I like forget everything I know? I was sooo disgruntled (sp?) with the PS section I couldn't continue to the verbal and BS. Worse, I took it at B&N and bougth the book to take the other test! I got a feeling the other test will leave me feeling just as bad....I really should return it!

What does eveyone think about these tests? I thought the questions were nothing like the AAMC's. I did 3R, 4, and 5; I was trying to leave the rest for later, closer to the test day. So decided to take what was available at the book store. I guess I'll do the rest of the test since I do own the book, but I'll for sure return it next week!

There goes my confidence again:(

Members don't see this ad.

If you score your PS section, you may very well be surprised with your score. Trust me, I struggle greatly with the PS to the point of frustration and then end up with a 10. Harder, more generous curve - that is how Kaplan tests work.

kaplan FL's are hard dude. I just started the course and have done some sectional passages after doing the content review and they are like WHAT!

i think they are designed more so to teach you some really hard concepts rather than to test you on them, if that makes any sense

Just took the Kaplan fl1 6th.ed book, and am sooooooo:scared::eek::(:( I did TERRIBLE!!!!! I feel like I know nothing! gosh I did better on my first diagnostic in Feb BEFORE studying! Anyone else? or did I like forget everything I know? I was sooo disgruntled (sp?) with the PS section I couldn't continue to the verbal and BS. Worse, I took it at B&N and bougth the book to take the other test! I got a feeling the other test will leave me feeling just as bad....I really should return it!

What does eveyone think about these tests? I thought the questions were nothing like the AAMC's. I did 3R, 4, and 5; I was trying to leave the rest for later, closer to the test day. So decided to take what was available at the book store. I guess I'll do the rest of the test since I do own the book, but I'll for sure return it next week!

There goes my confidence again:(

To be honest dude, Kaplan full lentgh 1 material is actually very fair. don't let anyone tell you that their full lentgh are so hard that you should be satisfied with failure. You should take your score as an indication that you have a lot of work to do. The MCAT I took last week was about five times harder than that in every section so get to work and crush the next three.

I took Kaplan FL 1 from the 6th ed book as a diagnostic and did fairly poorly. There are a lot of things you can learn from it because I guarantee you that you missed a lot of points from thinks you can quickly pick up. For example, if you had forgotten that n=c/v for a wave, you would have done very badly on the first PS passage. Same thing for bio -- if you had forgotten what ADH is, you would have missed that one discrete question.

Don't let it get you down. The MCAT is a test that tests simple concepts. Just go back, go through all the questions and see what specific piece of information you didn't have that you should have known, and learn that piece of information so that the next time you need to know what ADH raises blood pressure or that n=c/v, you'll know it and get that question right.

There is a lot of work to be done -- that should be the message for you.