Kaplan FL's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

no beans

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why do I usually see the Kaplan 1-6 FL's recommended on this forum, but not the higher ones? Are they not as representative of the actual test? Are the 1-6 particularly good? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Why do I usually see the Kaplan 1-6 FL's recommended on this forum, but not the higher ones? Are they not as representative of the actual test? Are the 1-6 particularly good? Thanks.

Kaplan is not usually one of the higher rated test prep companies on this site. What other tests will you be using? I don't really know the difference between these sets of FL's.

Well, I'm taking the Kaplan online course and was planning on taking most of the FL's, but will limit it to 1-6 if there's a good reason of it is a waste of time doing them. That's what I was trying to find out so I can do the ones that would help me the most since my time is limited (May). I do plan on doing the AAMC's. What about the BR CBT's? Are those considered better than the Kaplan? Are they representative of the present MCAT? Thanks:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I'm taking the Kaplan online course and was planning on taking most of the FL's, but will limit it to 1-6 if there's a good reason of it is a waste of time doing them. That's what I was trying to find out so I can do the ones that would help me the most since my time is limited (May). I do plan on doing the AAMC's. What about the BR CBT's? Are those considered better than the Kaplan? Are they representative of the present MCAT? Thanks:)

The BR material is frequently rated way higher than Kaplan. They are more challenging and better prepare for the MCAT than Kaplan's material.

Kaplan exams 1-6 are pretty decent but Kaplan exam 8 and above are way too hard. TBR is wonderful for the Physical Sciences! but nothing beats AAMC exams (8-11)

I know the BR material is better regarded on this forum, but are the BR tests more representative, or more worthwhile to do than the Kaplan FL 7 and over? Thanks again.

I took all the BR and I really liked them. The passages were harder than my real test The 28th for TE most part but they got you really thinking. Also even though they have some weird passages presented, it tests them in a clear and clear cut way. I felt like once I passed kap test 6 the passages just weren't making too much sense. I personally recommend the TBR passages especially for the PS if it is an area you struggle most with, as I was. Best of luck with your studies!

GrabSlamBoot, do you mean you took the BR CBT's or the passages in their books? I've done the passages in the books, but am wondering whether to order the CBT's. I guess that's my question. Sounds like you are saying the later Kaplan FL's are not worthwhile? I'm asking that also. I am planning on doing the AAMC's. Thanks everyone!

I did all 7 I think it was, cbt from BR that's what I'm referring to. I'd say get them if u feel like you need more practice. They definitely get you thinking. But you only can have them for 45 days so be careful about when u place the order

I did all 7 I think it was, cbt from BR that's what I'm referring to. I'd say get them if u feel like you need more practice. They definitely get you thinking. But you only can have them for 45 days so be careful about when u place the order
Thanks, GSB, still am not sure if you think the BR CBT's were representative of the MCAT, but it sounds like you think they're worthwhile at least for practice. So then the consensus is that Kaplan FL's over #6 are not worth doing unless one has lots of extra time? That's the impression I'm getting. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks all.:D