Kaplan for Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justdoit31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Kaplan course for Step 2- any thoughts?

I have heard the review books are great but haven't heard anything about the videos that go with the online course. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone used the Kaplan course for Step 2- any thoughts?

I have heard the review books are great but haven't heard anything about the videos that go with the online course. Thanks!

Godly. I did the Kaplan course. 252 on Step II. Im not a good test taker. I don't recall details well and I fall for traps ALL the time. Kaplan = rocks the socks off the Step 2.

Serial. Kaplan + First Aid + UWorld Qbank = Winning.

It does take a lot of time, generally more time than you are willing to offer. If you are going for augmentation (you could get a 230, which is average, on your own, but youd rather be 90th percentile instead of 50th, don't mind a huge time investment, AND have the cash to blow) it is an amazing program.

Do it.

I have ordered the online videos and lecture notes- there isn't a centerprep site near me and I would prefer to study at home and not in a hotel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr Conrad Fisher is an excellent instructor for Internal medicine and a few other topics

Dr. Sakala for OBGYN is also excellent (though not as funny)

Dr. Pestana is concise but his surgery notes are very very good for the surgery section

I have only used the QBank and the printed QBooks but they have been worthwhile. I also used the Secrets Series with good success.

I plan to start using the 2008-2009 edition. You think is still worthwhile?? I think they're releasing a new edition this year.

How do you guys pay for Kaplan's online prep?

I'm serious. Ugh, It's so damn expensive. :(

I just caved and bought it. It is 20% off right now, so thought I would jump on it since I was thinking about it anyhow. Plus, I have 2 easy rotations back to back, so should be able to knock it out. I figure 2k to likely do better on step 2 is worth it in the end. Hell I am going to be 300-400k in debt anyhow.

My subscription starts in a month but when I log into Kaplans site it says I need a download for a security thing, did that but still going to that same message... hopefully when they activate my actual 3 months of access that fixes itself. If I can't get the material I will be pissed off. Anyone experience this problem?

Also, as far as paying for it I was lucky in that my parents live 2 miles from the hospital I'm training at so I live with them to cut back on loans and then they paid 1/2 of the course for me. Hopefully I can improve on my Step 1 score with this investment!

My subscription starts in a month but when I log into Kaplans site it says I need a download for a security thing, did that but still going to that same message... hopefully when they activate my actual 3 months of access that fixes itself. If I can't get the material I will be pissed off. Anyone experience this problem?

Also, as far as paying for it I was lucky in that my parents live 2 miles from the hospital I'm training at so I live with them to cut back on loans and then they paid 1/2 of the course for me. Hopefully I can improve on my Step 1 score with this investment!

Ya, you download it and install it, then close all your browsers, and then log back in and it should be ok.

did that- restarted pc and everything and then it still pops up... ugh I hate technology sometimes!

did that- restarted pc and everything and then it still pops up... ugh I hate technology sometimes!

I had the same problem and called Kaplan. They asked me to downgrade my Mozilla to 3.6 and it works now. Make sure you don't upgrade while you're doing the course.

I had the same problem and called Kaplan. They asked me to downgrade my Mozilla to 3.6 and it works now. Make sure you don't upgrade while you're doing the course.

I have a question, do they modify the video lectures each year or the lectures are the same as the 2008-2009 videos? Thanks in advance.