Kaplan Full-Length #1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clemson Doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took Kaplan's full-length #1 on Saturday, and made a 28 (9 PS, 9 VR, 10 BS). I was initially fairly pleased, but now I'm not so sure. I saw someone else in another thread saying that Kaplan's tests aren't scaled as rigidly as the real MCAT. I was a little puzzled by that comment, and would like to know what everyone else thinks.

For example, I got 50 out of 60 questions correct on the Kaplan FL #1 VR section to get my 9. I think that seems very comparable to the scale used on the real MCAT. If not, how many correct questions does the MCAT require in order to get a 9?

Although it has been a year since I took the real MCAT, I didn't think that any of the sections on full-length #1 were easier than the real MCAT. If I absolutely had to pick one section that seemed easier, I would say biology. But I just figured that it seemed easier since I have been studying so much. :D

So how did everyone else do on full-length #1? For those of you who started your Kaplan class in May, would you kindly post your scores (and thoughts) on full-length #1? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Clemson Doc said:
I just took Kaplan's full-length #1 on Saturday, and made a 28 (9 PS, 9 VR, 10 BS). I was initially fairly pleased, but now I'm not so sure. I saw someone else in another thread saying that Kaplan's tests aren't scaled as rigidly as the real MCAT. I was a little puzzled by that comment, and would like to know what everyone else thinks.

For example, I got 50 out of 60 questions correct on the Kaplan FL #1 VR section to get my 9. I think that seems very comparable to the scale used on the real MCAT. If not, how many correct questions does the MCAT require in order to get a 9?

Although it has been a year since I took the real MCAT, I didn't think that any of the sections on full-length #1 were easier than the real MCAT. If I absolutely had to pick one section that seemed easier, I would say biology. But I just figured that it seemed easier since I have been studying so much. :D

So how did everyone else do on full-length #1? For those of you who started your Kaplan class in May, would you kindly post your scores (and thoughts) on full-length #1? Thanks in advance.

28 on FL 1 is good, definitely above average. I think if you look in the Kaplan thread that we have going you will see how people have been doing on it, but 28 is definitely good. I've heard a lot of people actually go down from the diagnostic to the first FL.