kaplan full length 10 and 11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanttogohome

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm very frightened not finding any threads on Kaplan full lengths 10 or 11.....i found one post saying "DO NOT take these if you want to hold on to your confidence".....well I just took 10 and scored 10 points BELOW my average practice score. Has anyone taken these and had a similar experience?!....or am i in big trouble?...

I think i'm going to skip #11 and move on to my last 4 AAMCs.

Members don't see this ad.

ye kap 10/11 are very hard with an unforgving curve...some ppl on this thread however said 10 was reflective of their experience on the mcat....i found this not to be the case...depending on how late in the game, i would suggest to take 11 but solely as studying tool...not as any indicator of how ull do/ur doing thus far in your studying...

Yeah, 10 and 11 were really hard. I thought verbal on 11 was ridiculous, and bio on 10 was pretty hard. It's because both the curve and the questions get harder, making it really tough to score well.

Kaplan 10 and 11 aren't good indicators for MCAT performance. Take them with the mindset that they're more timed practice, not as if they reflect the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know, I took Kaplan 10 & 11 right before I took the real one on tuesday and I can honestly say that the PS section on the real one was harder because it required more out of the box reasoning. The verbal was actually really similar to Kaplan and the Bio was almost identical in terms of diffulty and also in terms of the amount of genetics Although the real test I took had a little bit more genetics than 10 or 11.

I didn't get to 10 or 11. I did the earlier ones to really get a bearing on how hard they are, then switched to the AAMC tests since they're closer in difficulty to the real MCAT. Working the Kaplan tests helped me figure out what I needed to review and the AAMC tests gave me a good confidence boost leading up to the exam.

Yeah I just took both the last two days... got a 21 and 23 after scoring in the low 30s on every other one (other than 1, my first one). Heres to hoping that these aren't indicative of anything!

Yeah I just took both the last two days... got a 21 and 23 after scoring in the low 30s on every other one (other than 1, my first one). Heres to hoping that these aren't indicative of anything!

have you taken any AAMC ones to see how the Kaplan ones correlate? thoughts?

My score definetly went down from my average (37) on those two tests. They were def much much tougher than the real deal so no worries.

was it hard b/c of the passages or b/c of the curve of the tests?

It has been a while since I took them but I think it is definitely a combination of both. Tests 1, 10 and 11 have some of the least lenient curves out of the Kaplan tests. The passages and questions are also difficult. I remember getting questions on topics in Kaplan 11 that I had never seen and I had mam phys, biochem, micro, imuno, and genetics under my belt. However I think those tets are great practice, they make the real deal seem ok.

Last edited:
thank goodness I wasn't alone!
I was getting so frustrated after a full length 10 PS section. Frankly, I freaked out a bit and had to take a walk to calm myself down.