Kaplan full length 4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IckeyShuffle

MS1 t-minus 1.5 months..
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found the physical to be a beast. I missed 29 and somehow still got an 11. Im hoping torturing myself with their ps sections will make the real one easier. I see why everyone says it is important to practice with aamc too. After taking some kaplan physical sciences, the AAMC ones are almost enjoyable. Their questions are so well written and it is easier to see what concept they are wanting out of you. Then again, my kaplan scores seem to be right around my aamc scores.

Members don't see this ad.

allennh said:
I found the physical to be a beast. I missed 29 and somehow still got an 11. Im hoping torturing myself with their ps sections will make the real one easier. I see why everyone says it is important to practice with aamc too. After taking some kaplan physical sciences, the AAMC ones are almost enjoyable. Their questions are so well written and it is easier to see what concept they are wanting out of you. Then again, my kaplan scores seem to be right around my aamc scores.

I stopped taking them. They are not representative of the real test. I think the level of detail required for Kaplan PS will test your knowledge, but the real MCAT will never have such complex calculations on it. The answers to Kaplan PS are five plus lines... The AAMC tests have more global view type problems.

I think differently on the AAMC tests that I do on Kaplan. Since the real deal is closer to AAMC, I'd work on those.

i'm prob the only one who'll say this but i found the actual mcat physics ten times harder than kaplan and it wasn't just because i was nervous. i mean even the discretes were ballbusters.

so which tests are close to the real deal? TPR? Examkrackers? I need more practice exams? How many practice exams will you be doing before the real one?

Scooby-Doo said:
so which tests are close to the real deal? TPR? Examkrackers? I need more practice exams? How many practice exams will you be doing before the real one?

I agree that i think differently on the aamc tests. I find them much easier than kaplan but kaplan is practice nonetheless. This is why it is essential to use the AAMC no matter what. Then again, my calculations have gotten much better because kaplan's tests have forced me to work so quickly. The AAMC calculations become a breeze. People who only prepare with kaplan tests are in for a real shock when they take the real one. You must suplement your studying with both. As far as which are closest to the real mcat, nothing beats the AAMC. After that, im sure kaplan, tpr, aznd examcrackers are all comparable. They are probably the next best three.