Kaplan full length 5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I just entered in my Kaplan Full Length 5 answers into the computer and got a 29. I was the freak is this. I mean on the AAMC's I am getting 32-34 and now kaplan throws a hard test at you right at the end and breaks your confidence. has anyone else had 5 yet? Does anyone have any advice or reassurance?

Members don't see this ad.

Shades McCool said:
Well I just entered in my Kaplan Full Length 5 answers into the computer and got a 29. I was the freak is this. I mean on the AAMC's I am getting 32-34 and now kaplan throws a hard test at you right at the end and breaks your confidence. has anyone else had 5 yet? Does anyone have any advice or reassurance?

Don't worry man... u r fine ..... everyone knows kaplan makes hard tests so that you will study more after seeing ur test scores ......

RELAX and revise or just chill out

Shades McCool said:

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! That makes me feel so much better. I just took Kaplan 5 too, and got a freaking 26. And needless to say, just about had a heartattack. My scores just seem to keep getting lower and lower on the Kaplan tests, and are screwing up my confidence hardcore! :(

Dude,

Just took Kaplan 5. I HAVE been studying my ass off. Overall, a 30, but a huge bummer considering I've dropped from peak at 33. I work about 6 hours/day on this shiite.
My peak was a 33 on test 3. My verbal has dropped from a 12(which I got for 4 consistent tests - I'm a post-bac lit/wmst major, originally) to a 10. I'm pissed off, too.
I've been studying my ass off and I hope to god my Kaplan scores don't correlate. My physical science has not budged. In fact, it's dropped two points, too. My bio went up a smidge.

I hope that the other dude who talked about never scoring higher than a 32 on his practice and then scoring a 36 is me.
I'm glad I"m not alone in being frustrated.
And then there's this guy who always does well and he always asks "what's your score" and I just want to up and crack him one. Grrrrrrr.

Keep it up, folks. We're almost done. Sigh. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah KAPLAN definately makes them harder as you go. I didn't do number 5 today, I'm saving it since I'm doing August. All the instructors say your scores should go up on average of 4 points compared to KAPLAN

Havent gotten the score , but it was brutal, plus did anyone notice the typos on the PS section. that was weak

I got a PS10 VR8 and BS8 on this one.

I mean, it is good to challenge us so the real thing is "easier" (comparatively, it's never really easier), but this is really messing with my confidence going into the real thing, and that is not good either. :(

and yay, I just made it to 100 posts...complaining about the MCAT in doing so, seems appropriate. ;)

Athomeonarock said:
Havent gotten the score , but it was brutal, plus did anyone notice the typos on the PS section. that was weak

Yeah it said there was a 1 ohm and a 2 ohm resistor in parallel config but there were two 3's.

I took Kaplan 5 on saturday too, but for some reason I can't pull the answer key up. Can someone please share it with me thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone's scores go down from 3 or 4?
Mine went way down from 3 on 4 and then on 5 it was disappointing. Is that everyone's experience or am I just screwed?

nikibean said:
Did everyone's scores go down from 3 or 4?
Mine went way down from 3 on 4 and then on 5 it was disappointing. Is that everyone's experience or am I just screwed?

Hey, I had the same experience. So maybe it was harder, or else we're both just screwed...let's hope it is the former. Good luck!

I went down significantly on test 5 also. No worries though...there is always august.

No way. It's now or never.
I literally could not put in the time, energy and dedication at this level for an entire summer, knowing that I had failed myself somehow. It would kill me.
Hence, I have been going about 6 hours/day on average.
One thing I had forgotten- I didn't eat breakfast on Test 5 day, which probably had a significant impact. Went over explanations, made sense. And, considering I spent about 6-10 minutes on that stupid resistor nonsense, which I would have had right had they been labeled properly, I figure I lost at least one more passage there. Grr. So, I have upped my "mental score" on that test to a 32.

All we can do is our best. JUST SAY NO to August. And yes to whatever (after your apps are in). YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Hey, did anyone get the WS prompt about "recording history...." For the first time ever, Ani DiFranco helped me out "People used to make records as in a record of an event/the event of people playing music in a room/now everything is cross-marketing it's about sunglasses and shoes/ or guns and drugs you choose. . . " It made me smile, had to share.

Don't put too much stock on your kaplan scores. The aamc tests are more predictive of your score in my experience.

The most important tip i can give anyone taking the exam is don't over do it and try to be as relaxed as possible on the morning of the test. I spent the morning listening to my mp3 player while waiting for the proctor to come and in turn, wasn't as nervous as i might have been.

pm me if you have any quesions.

I bombed Kaplan 5 as well, down 5 points from Kaplan 4. I also took a full length the day before and scored respectably well. I owuld be thrilled to do as well on the actual test. I am hoping my lack of performance was from mental exhaustion and not a lack of preparation. Two full lengths in two days is too much at least for this pre-med.

Anyone agree?

yes I feel your misery. I thought it had finally pushed me up to a decent score and no I got the same thing I got when I stunk at it. I was so happy now i'm just mean and bitter again. I can't stand this! I'm going to go and take a walk.

When I took number 5 a couple of years ago, I stayed steady. I went up 6 points, though, between 5 and the real thing. I teach for Kaplan and, yea, take the scores with a grain of salt.

Bad Mojo said:
When I took number 5 a couple of years ago, I stayed steady. I went up 6 points, though, between 5 and the real thing. I teach for Kaplan and, yea, take the scores with a grain of salt.

Thanks dude, that's really good to hear right about now. :)

Don't sweat #5. Here are two predictors of how you'll do on the real thing: the average of your 3 highest scores on Kaplan plus 2 points OR the score that you earned on AAMC #6, provided that you took it within two weeks of today.

BTW I'm a Kaplan MCAT instructor.