Kaplan Full-Length 5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else taken this practice test? I'm in the middle of it right now between VR and BS. Those first two sections were IMPOSSIBLE! The physical sciences section seemed like the passages were way too complex - I don't think I would score well even if it wasn't timed (we'll see though when I finish). The verbal reasoning also seemed way too complex - the passages and the questions. Is it just me, or has anyone else taken this test and felt it was was too hard? The first four full-lengths seemed much more doable and comparable to the AAMC exams.

OK... on to the BS section.... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else taken this practice test? I'm in the middle of it right now between VR and BS. Those first two sections were IMPOSSIBLE! The physical sciences section seemed like the passages were way too complex - I don't think I would score well even if it wasn't timed (we'll see though when I finish). The verbal reasoning also seemed way too complex - the passages and the questions. Is it just me, or has anyone else taken this test and felt it was was too hard? The first four full-lengths seemed much more doable and comparable to the AAMC exams.

OK... on to the BS section.... :scared:

I feel you. The Kaplan exams get progressively harder to the point that the last ones aren't even worth doing. And VR for all the exams is just bogus. I'd suggest sticking to only PS/BS and reminding yourself that it should be difficult.

Yeah I took it... i feel like a lot of the kaplan verbal and physical science passages were ridiculous. The bio was pretty standard.

but they curve them very generously so I ended up scoring highest on Kaplan FL5.

Don't be shocked when you go from kaplan curve to aamc curve cause I was when my score dropped like 3-4 pts.........

now i'm moving onto a mixture of berkeley review/tpr/EK cuz kaplan didnt quite cut it for me.

Just took it yesterday, was so depressed after I took PS that I put my head down and considered quitting the rest of the test! I ended up getting a 10 in that section. Just push through. It's hard, but curve ain't bad. . . Hopefully it's like that on the actual MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, so I finished the test after all. I ended up with a 35 (PS 13, VR 10, BS 12). I really dislike the curves that Kaplan uses. I missed quite a few on PS and I still get a 13?? I feel like that's really misleading and not reflective of how one will really do on the MCAT. We'll see though. Nevertheless, I agree that the Kaplan exams get harder (with FL 1 being the easiest). Also, I'm starting to notice what everyone has said about Kaplan verbal being sh*#. Most of their questions are detail questions (unlike the AAMC exams).

Ya, I would say that something is really skewed about the Kaplan Curve for the MCAT, but I guess "considering" that these exams are "hard", their curve is the way it is. Unfortunately, to AAMC, the curve at this level of difficulty is much less generous. :(

Ive taken five Kaplan FLs (1-5) and 4 aamc FL tests. Im scoring about the same on both versions (~32). I little higher on aamc tests. AAMC verbal is easier than kaplans, by this I mean I am scoring higher in verbal on AAMC compared with kaplan. Dont worry about what every tom, dick and harry on SDN has to say about kaplans curve, it is higher because the tests are harder and in my experience the curved kap scores are very close to AAMCs curved scores.

omfg, i had been getting 11s on all my Kaplan verbals until FL #5 - i got an 8!!!! It totally freaked me out, I thought I was getting better at verbal until this!