kaplan full length 8

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetsaja

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what did u think of the verbal for kaplan full length 8? was it easier/harder/or the same as the other kaplan full lengths?

i've been averaging about a 8-9 on all the other kaplan exams and 10-11 on aamc exams. surprisingly i got a 12 on kaplan full length 8 :D and im just shocked cuz i haven't really studied any verbal plus i skipped one whole passage cuz i ran out of time. so was the verbal on kaplan 8 just easier or i did i just somehow randomly improve overnight?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
what is the most representative? also, is there anything i should be focusing on 2 weeks b4 the exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
EK Verbal 101 + TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook = MCAT-style verbal practice.

my mcat is on the 30th and i will only be home for 4-5 more days and then a in a dif city since im taking it out of state. what should i do? is it worth it to buy the book and study it for a few days before the mcat? is kaplan that bad? is there a way i can get exam kracker passages online so i can start studying now cuz im sure it'll take a a few days in the mail....ahh now im scared :/ also, what about the sciences...im getting like 9s on kaplan and 10s/11s on aamc...should i buy some other books and push my test back?/

my mcat is on the 30th and i will only be home for 4-5 more days and then a in a dif city since im taking it out of state. what should i do? is it worth it to buy the book and study it for a few days before the mcat? is kaplan that bad? is there a way i can get exam kracker passages online so i can start studying now cuz im sure it'll take a a few days in the mail....ahh now im scared :/ also, what about the sciences...im getting like 9s on kaplan and 10s/11s on aamc...should i buy some other books and push my test back?/

Calm down. No need to freak out. You can answer your own question. Is 10s/11s what you are aiming for on the real MCAT? The general opinion on here is that you will get -1/+1 point compared to your AAMC averages. 11 on AAMC verbal is a good score but if you want to improve then keep practicing, but at this point if you are doing AAMCs don't bother using anything else.

Also, in the few weeks before the exam I think you should work on (and many people stop/don't focus on this in the final weeks) is timing, timing, timing, timing, and timing. For all sections actually. If you can do the material pretty fast (including verbal) then you will be fine and probably hit your averages. Many people report that they get flustered on the exam and end up getting behind on time and that usually ends up making them very uncomfortable while taking the test. This is the last thing you want so just work on timing is my suggestion because it's pretty much a given that you will likely fall behind compared to your practice tests.

Hope this helped,

-LIS

but i keep hearing from ppl that took it in may/june that the aamcs are not like the real thing....that they made the mcat harder...........?

Calm down. No need to freak out. You can answer your own question. Is 10s/11s what you are aiming for on the real MCAT? The general opinion on here is that you will get -1/+1 point compared to your AAMC averages. 11 on AAMC verbal is a good score but if you want to improve then keep practicing, but at this point if you are doing AAMCs don't bother using anything else.

Also, in the few weeks before the exam I think you should work on (and many people stop/don't focus on this in the final weeks) is timing, timing, timing, timing, and timing. For all sections actually. If you can do the material pretty fast (including verbal) then you will be fine and probably hit your averages. Many people report that they get flustered on the exam and end up getting behind on time and that usually ends up making them very uncomfortable while taking the test. This is the last thing you want so just work on timing is my suggestion because it's pretty much a given that you will likely fall behind compared to your practice tests.

Hope this helped,

-LIS

but i keep hearing from ppl that took it in may/june that the aamcs are not like the real thing....that they made the mcat harder...........?

True. But you have to keep reading and find out that the curve standardizes the difficulty of these tests so that you get around your averages. The May people ended up doing around their average scores (majority of them anyway) and we find out the june people in the next two days. Read the June 18th thread once scores come out and you will see that everyone will hit pretty much their averages. It is true that some people don't hit their averages. Some people get flustered and have special circumstances (nerves, timing, the test hitting EVERY one of their weak points). On the other hand there are people who get way above their averages (such as matches for VR who got a 15 on VR but never went over 12 in practice).

If you are set on panicing right now before you ever even take the exam then I suggest you wait at least until the June 18th people get their scores this week because they all thought they did terrible but will most likely hit their averages or better.

Hope this helped,

-LIS

thanks!! it was super helpful. im just gonna study with what i have and hopefully i'll be fine. i'll make sure to work on timing this week and stay optimistic! i guess i just got scared cuz my friend has to retake cuz she got a 6 on verbal after getting really good scores on all her practice tests...maybe it was just nerves. anyways thanks so much for the support!

If you go in with your timing down, confidence, and no weaknesses then you will put yourself in position to get the best possible score you can get. I've noticed that everyone who gets really high/above their average scores has those three qualities. The most interesting part is that having no weaknesses usually takes care of the confidence and timing. Something to think about as your test date approaches.

-LIS