kaplan full length mcat #1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sequences

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took the first kaplan full length last week and i did pretty good. (11p-9v-12b). i don't know if the test was easy or i did ok. i would appreciate feedbacks from people who have already taken it

Members don't see this ad.

congrats, thats an awesome score!
how did you do on the diag test that was like 4 hours?
I am wondering how much I can hope to move up (I know there are alot of variables such as how much studying I have done) but I just wanted to konw how much people generally increased on teh first full length from the original diag. I am taking my first full length next week.

Thanks

I also just took the MCAT Kaplan Full length #1

I got an 12V, 10P and 11B (while on the diagnostic i got a 12V 8B and 9P) and i, too, know that there is a lot of work i still need to do.

I think that perhaps the passages that were presented were just ones that happened to match my strengths (genetics, molecular bio, eukaryotic cells, etc) and didnt happen to touch on my MAJOR weaknessed (edocrine, neuro, etc) such that i happened to get lucky.

i also think that we have to remind ourselves that the actual scoring (of the real thing) also is based on what all the other test takers got, while kaplan only correlated # of correct andwers with an approximate score.

but i am interested in others' experiences, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 8P, 7V, 10B on full length#1. But I got low on PS because I got stuck on one question and wasted 15-20 minutes on it... I kept on telling myself that I knew the problem and just couldn't move on and as a result couldn't attempt 3 passages and the ones i did attempt, I went through them pretty fast. Same for BS (even though I didn't waste as much time as on BS) .. verbal is my weakness ...... But I learnt an important lesson not to waste time on one question because every Q carries equal weight.

On Diag. I got 12P, 5V, 9B

I know I have a lot to brush up on..... I hope I am ready by April (keeping fingers crossed)

Later

These are fine scores and you should be happy with them. If you can keep on track on subsequent tests and do this well or better on a variety of practice tests (including at least AAMC 5 and 6), you should do well on the MCAT.

The Kaplan PS is going to get a lot harder on your next tests. Be prepared for timing challenges; don't let yourselves get stuck on passages and waste time.