Kaplan Full Length Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProZak

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok... so. These Kaplan tests are driving me insane. I spent about a month on solid h/c review about 8 hrs a day and saw a decent jump in scores. I went from 31 on kaplan full-lenth 2 to these scores...

Kaplan full length 3: 12P 12V 12B - 36
Kaplan full length 4:12P 11V 14B - 37
Kaplan full length 5: 13P 11V 13B - 37
Kaplan full length 6: 13P 12V 14B - 39
Thought I'd get a reality check and took AAMC'S 3 CBT
AAMC CBT 3: 14P 10V 11B -35

Then I went back to Kaplan....
Kaplan Full-Lenth 7 10P 11V 12B - 33
Kaplan Full length 8 12P 11V 11B - 34

For anyone who has taken all of the Kaplan tests... did you notice a pretty big jump in difficultly from seven and up or is it just me being burnt out?? I can BARELY finish the physical science on these. I kinda sorta feel like I'm not at 100% anymore for some reason and I still have about a month to go! Has anyone else noticed a jump in difficultly/length or seen decreasing scores on these tests?!

Also, for anyone who wants to comment - Is increasing the 'ol knowledge base or doing more practice tests/passages the key to this thing? I full numb when I take the practice tests now.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I thought PS was tough on those ones. Although, I did better in bio on 7-9 than on the earlier ones, but that's probably just because I got to know the material better.

Your looking great though, I wouldn't worry too much about it. 35 on aamc 3 is awesome.

Same thing hit me today, I'm with ya.

FL#5-28
CBT#9-30
FL#6-28
FL#9-28

FL#8 26
FL#7 ??

I got rocked, some of the questions were paragraphs. I agree with the above poster that its good for timing but I wasn't ready for the drop either. We'll see how #7 goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I thought the Kaplan full length # 7 was unusually hard..

I swear these kaplan full lengths are bumming me out.

How do you guys score high on the verbal? I'm stuck at one score and I want to increase it!

The ease of improving your verbal score depends on what score you're stuck at. For instance, it's much harder to move past a 10 than a 7. Nevertheless, the technique to do so is roughly the same. Check out the verbal threads found in the Don't Know Where to Start? sticky: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=526557

What is the deal with Kaplan FL 2?

Anyone notice that it is made up entirely of passages from Kaplan's sectional/topicals?

are 10 and 11 really that bad to do? how did people score for bs and ps for kaplan 6-9? I thought they were really hard esp ps

anyone know how the kaplan FL (1-5, 6-10) compare to the real deal MCAT?

Haven't taken the MCAT yet but alot of people on the forum seem to recommend Kaplan FL9 as somewhat representative of the real deal? And Kaplan PS in particular (for all exams)... I've read alot of posts saying the real MCAT PS section was in between AAMC & Kaplan in style/difficulty/etc.

How can I get the FL from Kaplan if I am not enrolled in their course??? Is there a way to buy them separately just for practice???