Kaplan Full Length Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paulygeorge

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was about to take Kaplan 1/2 full lengths, but I noticed that the sections are longer than the current Mcat (100 minutes for Physical/Biological Science). Is this just because the MCAT used to follow this format? Any thoughts about whether the Kaplan FL's are still useful? I will take all the AAMC practice exams, but wanted to take a couple extra as well from non-AAMC sources to get to around 12 total practice tests. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was about to take Kaplan 1/2 full lengths, but I noticed that the sections are longer than the current Mcat (100 minutes for Physical/Biological Science). Is this just because the MCAT used to follow this format? Any thoughts about whether the Kaplan FL's are still useful? I will take all the AAMC practice exams, but wanted to take a couple extra as well from non-AAMC sources to get to around 12 total practice tests. Thanks!

I did Kaplan 6,7,8,9 sometime in October to early November, skipped the verbal. Not timed but for practice. It was OK. The most helpful source I found recently and have completed was the TPRH science workbook. Finished within 3-4 days of doing it for 7-8 hours (along with about doing 30% of it this past term sporadically). But I felt Kaplan FLs were meh. I didn't get much out of it and I did find mistakes in it too.