Kaplan Full Length Test 1

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mossjoh, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2

I just received my scores back from the Kaplan Full Length Practice Test #1, in which I did pretty decent. I was wondering for those who have already taken the MCAT and Kaplan, how did your scores on the Kaplan full length test compare to your real MCAT scores? Don't give #'s if you don't want, I know thats like asking for personal information. I'm just curious because on this Kaplan Full Length Test I had a
    V-9, P-10, B-11
    Any info on others who have taken it would be great, thanks.

Good luck!!

Mossjoh

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't want to burst your bubble or anything like that, but I thought FLT #1 was relatively easier than their other exams. I'm in Kaplan as well right now and I am trying to gauge how their tests compare to the real thing too. Wait till you get to FLT #3. That PS section is quite difficult. I hope that the real thing is as easy as #1 too! Also take into consideration you are getting a scaled score. Don't look at your numbers so much as you look at the percentage you get correct to tell you where you stand.

4. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2

Well, if that's the case I have another question. I took the PS section on the AAMC Practice Test 4 and am finding it a lot easier than the PS section on the Kaplan FL Test #1. I feel that the AAMC test is more likely to be of the real MCAT material. I have always thought Kaplan is harder than any AAMC material I've seen. I feel if I do well on Kaplan, I can only do better on any test by the AAMC. However, I may be wrong. We will find out for certain April 21, and I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the MCAT

5. jcw1

jcw1 Member

I took Kaplan and then MCAT last year and I got a 24 on practice #1 (I am not sure about the individual breakdown) On the real thing I was able to bring it up to a 34 (V9,P14,B11) so there is hope to improve a score. If you have a 29 at this point you should be all right. Also, I found kaplan's PS much harder and VR about right compared to the real thing.