Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Kaplan Full Length Test 1

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mossjoh, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

I just received my scores back from the Kaplan Full Length Practice Test #1, in which I did pretty decent. I was wondering for those who have already taken the MCAT and Kaplan, how did your scores on the Kaplan full length test compare to your real MCAT scores? Don't give #'s if you don't want, I know thats like asking for personal information. I'm just curious because on this Kaplan Full Length Test I had a
    V-9, P-10, B-11
    Any info on others who have taken it would be great, thanks.

Good luck!!

Mossjoh

2. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't want to burst your bubble or anything like that, but I thought FLT #1 was relatively easier than their other exams. I'm in Kaplan as well right now and I am trying to gauge how their tests compare to the real thing too. Wait till you get to FLT #3. That PS section is quite difficult. I hope that the real thing is as easy as #1 too! Also take into consideration you are getting a scaled score. Don't look at your numbers so much as you look at the percentage you get correct to tell you where you stand.

3. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

Well, if that's the case I have another question. I took the PS section on the AAMC Practice Test 4 and am finding it a lot easier than the PS section on the Kaplan FL Test #1. I feel that the AAMC test is more likely to be of the real MCAT material. I have always thought Kaplan is harder than any AAMC material I've seen. I feel if I do well on Kaplan, I can only do better on any test by the AAMC. However, I may be wrong. We will find out for certain April 21, and I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the MCAT

4. jcw1

jcw1 Member
    10+ Year Member

I took Kaplan and then MCAT last year and I got a 24 on practice #1 (I am not sure about the individual breakdown) On the real thing I was able to bring it up to a 34 (V9,P14,B11) so there is hope to improve a score. If you have a 29 at this point you should be all right. Also, I found kaplan's PS much harder and VR about right compared to the real thing.