1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Kaplan Full-Length Tests: Are they scored accurately/

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by TheSirGin, Jul 26, 2011.

1. TheSirGin

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Is anyone familiar with the online syllabus they have? I've taken a few physics test and I keep getting about 28-32 out of 52 correct. I feel like this is terrible but they keep giving me 10's. Is this misleading? Can you really score a 10 with that bad of a raw score or are they trying to inflate my confidence?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Kaplan's science section scores are usually inflated by about 2 points due to their very lenient curve.

4. TheSirGin

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I also scored a 14 on a BS section when my raw score was only 40 out of 52. Is this totally inflated too? I'm not sure why they keep doing this. How do they even determine how to scale it? Hopefully not based on all other kaplan practice test takers. My recent scores on kaplan practice tests have been 29, 30, 32, and 36 in that order. Is there a chance I could go take this thing and get a 23? I'm really concerned now.

5. mitchlucker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Take the AAMC tests and find out.

I thought Kaplan's exams were a little harder, but scored much more leniently. I was getting between a 12 and 14 on Kaplan's sciences and when I switched over to AAMC it was a harsh dose of reality for the first test.

6. TheSirGin

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Were you scoring way lower? Like more than 2 points lower? Also what does getting 30 out of 52 sound like to you? Doesn't it seem like it should be way worse than a 10? Maybe like a 7?

7. Kangaroo Paw

Kangaroo Paw Sha-boing, BOING.
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Oh wow, a BS 14 with a score of 40/52 on a Kaplan FL? That's interesting. I just took Kaplan FL 2 and scored a 12 on BS with a 42/52. Is that a bit more realistic than yours?
    I should probably take a couple of AAMC's to see where I'm at in addition to the Kaplans, I'm getting a little bit confused as to how I'm actually scoring right now.