1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Kaplan High Yield Book

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by swifteagle43, Mar 16, 2007.

1. swifteagle43

swifteagle43 Lover- not a fighter
    10+ Year Member

Any advice on it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. splashpea

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hey i really like the high yield book from kaplan, i haven't looked over the physics or organic chem part yet but i've been through the bio and I found it to be very helpful. I think it helps with the critical thinking aspect of the MCAT...

If you are enrolled in Kaplan, what do you think of the Quiz Bank? Have you done it?

3. OP
    OP
    swifteagle43

swifteagle43 Lover- not a fighter
    10+ Year Member

I am doing all the practice tests timed and the section tests- i am trying to increase my sample size of questions so I can analyze better what I am weak in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MeCord3

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The high yield book is a good resource to test your understanding of the material. But realize that a lot of the problems in the physics and gen chem sections require more calculations than you'll have to do on the MCAT.

Some of the Qbank questions can be really tough, tougher than what you'll see on the test. With that in mind its a great way to create really personalized practice tests to target areas you want to focus on.

5. shahalam

shahalam brownmedstudent
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    is the high yield book the thin green one that came with the rest of our books?

6. mcatguru

mcatguru Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Think of the Green Book as Cook Book