Kaplan High-Yield Guide Problem-Solving Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicomel

Purveyor of short posts.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are you finding an inordinate amount of errors in this book?

Also, where do I find the solutions to the extra questions at the end of each section?

Members don't see this ad.

ok, I haven't started to look through that yet, but did you also notice a couple errors in the regular review books?

I did notice some errors in the review notes. In the High-Yield guide, the mistakes are mainly computational.

Yeah, the high yield problem solving guide is chalk full of typos and poor examples - for instance the physics example about "projectile motion" that is actually about energy. In general, I've been happy with the Kaplan class, but the materials are chalk full of discrepencies(between teacher and student edition) and typos. I think, and I'd have to double-check, that I even came across a typo in Full length 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
The solutions are on the kaplan online syllabus, under Getting Started or something...the first thing on your syllabus before the sessions start.

Yeah I didn't really think this guide could be much help anyways...

April. I can't wait until April 17th to be done with all of this. Although I must admit that preparing for the MCAT isn't as bad as I thought it would be. After my Kaplan diagnostic and first few classes I was feeling very overwhelmed, but I'm suprised how quickly the old stuff has come back. Not to mention that getting into the groove of timing/parsing through passages/understanding the logic behind the questions they ask comes quick and helps the whole process. But don't get my wrong - it still sucks.