Kaplan High Yield Problem Solving guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotgame83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have all the Kaplan MCAT books except the high yield problem solving guide. For those who have read this book is it really worth getting or is it similiar to the mcat 45 book.

Members don't see this ad.

BrettBatchelor said:
Is that the workbook from the class?

well, it's the "green book". It looks pretty good... but I never used it. You shouldn't heavily use it as a core-review, but rather, as a final glance type thing.

I saw it online and i was going to buy it, however i didnt want to waste 20bucks on it if its was just going to be the same as like mcat 45. Has anyone used this book and if so would you recommend it?

Members don't see this ad :)
gotgame83 said:
I saw it online and i was going to buy it, however i didnt want to waste 20bucks on it if its was just going to be the same as like mcat 45. Has anyone used this book and if so would you recommend it?

it was helpful, if a bit daunting...goes over pretty much all the major question types (at least those that show up on kaplan full-lengths)...can't vouch for how helpful it was on the real thing -- those mcat q's were totally weird

Would not buy it if I were you. I, too, had it all throughout my preparation but rarely used it. The questions are all really long and involved, the likes of which you're likely never to see on the MCAT (since 15 minutes per question isn't really practical). However, I WOULD recommend it as an aid for a physics or chemistry class, or if you're extraordinarily weak in a certain area and have oodles of time with which to work on 10-step problems.

If you feel you know the material pretty well, and if you've only got until August, I would stick with the standard review books and practice tests.