Kaplan Home Study Review Book vs. Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Lecture Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiquidPoint7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kaplan Home Study Review Book vs. Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Lecture Notes.

Are these the same thing or do the two sets of notes contain different material?

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan Home Study Review Book vs. Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Lecture Notes.

Are these the same thing or do the two sets of notes contain different material?

im very curious about this as well. could anyone comment if they are in fact the same thing or 2 different set of notes?

cheers

I was wondering the same thing! If I'm going to cough up the cash, I need to know which one's going to be more useful.

Anyone?

they have the same content but arranged and combined differently. The Lecture Notes is divided by subject eg Path, BS, Micro etc the Home Study are divided up by Systems. Also the Lecture notes were designed to be used with the Kaplan videos but the Home Study were designed as a stand alone.

Members don't see this ad :)
one thing is for sure, someone who bought the review books, he planned to read them from first page to last, but he wasn't able to, the books just have too many information in it.

and even if you spend days reading them till the end, I doubt that you will be able to remember everything u read.

So, which one is better? Home study or Lecture Notes plus videos?
Personally i have been using Lecture Notes + Videos as a supplement since 1st year, I am half way through 2nd year now. They have been of tremendous help so I will suggest that combo and yeh they have a lot of info in them as someone mentioned above but you can cover all the material in a month or a little less.

All I give a damn about is which resource will help me score higher. And thanks kryptik!

Last edited: