Kaplan Materials vs real MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been using Kaplan test prep materials. Yes, the big fat comprehensive review book + other specific subject review books + Kaplan VR review, basically everything they sell.

Just wondering from everyone here how the practice questions in the Kaplan books compare to the real thing?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Judging from AAMC's- kaplan has a lot more questions that are calculation-based( especially for PS) Also, BS on Kaplan is less passage-based, less experiment-based than on the real deal. Verbal- has different feel to it, hard to explain. Try some AAMC's, and you'll know.

mac_kin said:
Hey guys!

I've been using Kaplan test prep materials. Yes, the big fat comprehensive review book + other specific subject review books + Kaplan VR review, basically everything they sell.

Just wondering from everyone here how the practice questions in the Kaplan books compare to the real thing?

thanks!

I would take a kaplan verbal over an AAMC verbal any day. Kaplan verbal seems way easier than the aamc one. Because of this I am using EK 101 rather than the Kaplan verbal, the EK one is much more indicative of the passage format /questions / level of difficulty etc. But remember on the AAMC there are passages with 10 questions, so that might throw your timing off.

I agree with the above poster, the Kaplan ones have a LOT of math and calculations.

But anyway, I'll find out first hand this saturday :scared:

:luck: