Kaplan MCAT 45 Book - is it any good

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoooba

Masrawy 100 100
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've been going through the Kaplan MCAT 45 book for the last couple of days. Kaplan calls the questions in the book "high octane". How hard are these questions compared to what is in the real MCAT? Should I feel bad that I am only getting 2-3 right out of every 5 questions?

please help. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hoooba said:
Hello everyone,
I've been going through the Kaplan MCAT 45 book for the last couple of days. Kaplan calls the questions in the book "high octane". How hard are these questions compared to what is in the real MCAT? Should I feel bad that I am only getting 2-3 right out of every 5 questions?

please help. thanks

The 45 book, if you're not careful, is a confidence destroyer. I usually got 30 out of 45 questions right (Gen Chem killed me though). On the real thing, I got a 37. Basically, those questions are the worst that you are likely to go up against. I thought the book was alright from a perspective of having more questions to work through, but the strategies weren't that great and it definitely is not a diagnostic tool. Do the problems, because it's good practice, but take the results with a grain of salt.