kimicurtis

5+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Hey,
Has anyone used this book, did it dramatically increase your score or was it just a waste of your time?

zeppelinpage4

10+ Year Member
May 17, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Hmmm...never heard of that one. If it's anything like the Kaplan Review Notes I am using, I'd stick with ExamKrackers or Berkely Review. Those seem to get the most praise on these forums and users who used them seem to do quite well.

Might help to know a little more about that specific Kaplan book though, I never came across it before. So it might be decent for all I know. -2 cents.

Edit: I just found it on amazon. Ah so it's an advanced book. If you're scoring really high as is and just need more practice it might not be bad. Though I heard Princeton Review and TBR can also give some very difficult passages to learn with. So they may help too. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

kimicurtis

5+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Hmmm...never heard of that one. If it's anything like the Kaplan Review Notes I am using, I'd stick with ExamKrackers or Berkely Review. Those seem to get the most praise on these forums and users who used them seem to do quite well.

Might help to know a little more about that specific Kaplan book though, I never came across it before. So it might be decent for all I know. -2 cents.

Edit: I just found it on amazon. Ah so it's an advanced book. If you're scoring really high as is and just need more practice it might not be bad. Though I heard Princeton Review and TBR can also give some very difficult passages to learn with. So they may help too. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
Thanks! I know a lot people say stay away from Kaplan, I just wanted to know if this book was different. For example, MCAT students don't usually like the Princeton Review but many people find the PR Hyperlearning to be a useful study aid. Examkrackers reviews are almost always positive.

About the Ads

kkentm

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2008
Status
imo, kaplan is underrated and examkrackers is seriously overrated. just my opinion though

Aug 21, 2009
Status
I used the kaplan review notes and got a 39.. I thought they were a great resource

mzblue

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
It's just the strategies for reading the passages accompanied by passage sets. it's a condensed version of their strategic supplemental. you can't use that as a primary review thing. Get the premiere book instead if kaplan is your choice of study prep

kimicurtis

5+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2011
Status
Medical Student
It's just the strategies for reading the passages accompanied by passage sets. it's a condensed version of their strategic supplemental. you can't use that as a primary review thing. Get the premiere book instead if kaplan is your choice of study prep
I own a copy of the premiere, I will be using it to supplement my study. I was wondering whether Kaplan 45 provided dramatic score improvement.

About the Ads