Kaplan MCAT Practice Full Lengths

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fozzy40

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been taking the Kaplan full length and some of the AAMC full length exams and I have been scoring all over the place. I understand that some exams are harder than others and the scores are weighted that way but this lack of consistency kind of bothers me. For example, there exams that I sectional scores are higher for exams that I get fewer questions right and vice versa. Basically, to those who have taken kaplan, how do you find the official scoring of the MCAT compared to kaplan's scoring? Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I took kaplan, and i teach for them (mcat). My best Kaplan score was 30/31 (i can't remember) and my actual mcat was 36. as far as the sections go, remember, the "harder" the questions, the more points you get for getting them right, so you could theoretically (and very probably) get fewer percent right on a certain test and still get a higher weighted score. hope it helps.

I too took and taught for Kaplan. The general trend (myself included) is that many students do better on the actual MCAT than they do the full-length practices. If your diagnostic score is not within your target or it fluctuates back and forth, don't get too upset. Just relax and remember the strategies you learned in the class. Without sounding too much like a shill for the company, if you know your basic sciences and you've practices a lot, those strategies really do help you when its time to take the real thing.

Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys still work for Kaplan? I went to the AAMC website and they said that there are gonna be some modifications to the 2002 MCAT. First, the verbal section will have 5 less questions and it will now be possible to score a 14 or 15. Also, it said that the first section will be PS followed by verbal. Have you guys heard the same thing?

Fred