Kaplan MCAT Prep Q...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to time it just right so that in case if I have to take the MCAT twice, and at that time I feel like taking the Prep course once again, I want to be able to do it w/o paying full.

So the question is:
After taking the Prep course for once, how long can I wait till I take it again so that I could pay the reduced amount.. (like $ 150??)

Thanks in advance..

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can pay the lower amount the very next session. You would have to pay the full amount again if you waited two sessions. At least thats my understanding of the policy.

The Kaplan refresher course is $400. I think it has to be within the year, but they might be lenient. For example, I signed up in October of 2000 for the April 2001 test. If I need to take the mcat again for August 2002, the lady I spoke with today said I would only have to pay $400.

btw, for reapplicants: they offer courses that start the end of june if you want to wait until then to see if you got in off a wait list.

Fly,

Scratch what I said. Be entirely positive and don't even worry about retaking this horrid test until you need to. Keep telling yourself that you won't need to take it again and work hard. Trust me, you don't want to be in the position of knowing you're going to take it again. I would do anything to not have to worry about this anymore.