KAPLAN NOTES/ Q BANK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

SYD

Hi everyone

Could anybody tell me how good Kaplan notes are for step I ??

I need them to Oz, Sydney. I have got BRS Path/Pharm/Physiology already. Plus usual text books for the rest & high yield for behavioural science.

What do I look for with Q bank. IS Kaplan Q Bank Better than others/ Does the year 2002/2001 matter alot.

THanks a lot in Advance..

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by SYD:
•Hi everyone

Could anybody tell me how good Kaplan notes are for step I ??

I need them to Oz, Sydney. I have got BRS Path/Pharm/Physiology already. Plus usual text books for the rest & high yield for behavioural science.

What do I look for with Q bank. IS Kaplan Q Bank Better than others/ Does the year 2002/2001 matter alot.

THanks a lot in Advance..•••••R U taking it this year like me? well, Qbank is an online database that contains roughly 2000 test questions. i signed up for it, and i think it's good to do lots of q's to get a feel for the structure and style of the exam.

Qbook is another Kaplan marketing ploy that i've succumbed to that is basically a book of questions...can't do enough of them...the year or edition shouldn't matter

as i told someone on another post, live lecture notes (the spirals) are supposed to supplement the lectures; however, there are folks who use them alone. if you buy anything from kaplan, i think the home-study series (current ed.) may help in addition to the good ol' first aid, brs, high yield, etc. if you can find upperclassmen who are willing to sell, take advantage of what's available.

g'day, mate -sanfilippo

Sanfilippa

Do you pay 99$ for the KAPLAN Q bank.

Apparently there is this CDS with Kaplan Q bank being sold through the net, Do you believe in them.

They are much cheaper to real Kaplan ones.

But I dunno if I trust them enough..

Well, I guess I need to make up my mind and buy one or the other

SYD - where did you hear/see that there are kaplan q-bank cd-roms out there to buy? i just called kaplan to see if they sold them and they said no. please explain further, as this kind of cd-rom is exactly what i'm looking for! i also e-mailed you. thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard about these CDs before. They are copies of the qBank screens made by someone trying to make a quick buck. They are obviously totally illegal. Syd, I'm taking my step 1 in august and I'm gonna subscribe to the real thing for 2 months. It sounds like it's a great ressource.

I don't think the pirat copies neccesarily have all the same functions as the real qBank.

Later.

I agree with you guys/gals

Well, the truth is whoever is selling is selling and making big bucks. and people are there to buy them :)

For me, I just don't feel comfortable buying them either, its learning so, I don't want to to take a short cut and feel guilty, apprehensive about if they are real and feel miserable..

So I will pay 200$ and get the real stuff too.