kaplan online physics/chemistry passages or tpr hyperlearning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicago88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i voided my test.. have already done all of tbr, ek, and ek 1001, and wanted to continue practicing until the retake.

my biggest issue with the real exam is that i found the passages to be too challenging and obscure/random..

what do you think would better prepare me for the difficulty of the real test? the passages in tpr hyperlearning, or all the physics/chemsitry section tests, etc, on the kaplan online interface?

ty!

(and since i'm already asking, what about biology as well.... kaplan online or tprh) -- the only difference with bio is that i did not yet do the tbr, and i plan on doing some select chapters. however, i did do ek 1001 for bio so that was a lot of passage practice.

Members don't see this ad.

Definately the TPR. I have that I feel that is more in depth than kaplan. Kaplan summarizes too much for me. Honestly with the real test its all about applying the concepts and thinking why would they want to test me on this versus it being too hard you cant look at it that way. Of couse its going to be hard but your job is to dissect the passage and find and apply the concepts being tested.

I feel you should use combination of materials to help improve your score.

Im no expect just trying to study for this dang on test as you.....:luck:luck

bump...

any other advice?

i would love for the answer to be tpr .. but i feel a lot more challenged with kaplan. that being said, i'm not sure if that is the right kind of challenge... and i don't really like kaplan's explanations to problems. but i do find tpr passages in the hyperlearning workbook easier than kaplan's online database of passages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go with the TPR.

Kaplan questions are generally harder than the MCAT's questions; however, (personally) doing Kaplan questions will not effectively prepare you for the MCAT. Here is a (not exact) quote from a relative of mine:

"It is like training by fighting something with water elements when you plan to fight something with fire elements."

I found the TPR test to be similar in format and style to the actual MCAT.
You can see for yourself by doing a free TPR diagnostic test online.

On a side note, if you no longer in need of your TBR books, mind selling them to me? Pm me if so.