Kaplan Online Science Review and Q-bank.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MotherJones

Rats off to ya!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone using the Kaplan Online science review or Q-bank services? I am wondering if they are worth the money. Thanks for the replies.

MJ

Members don't see this ad.

The Qbank was pretty useful to me...If I could go back I'd purchase it again :)

Are the Q bank same as the topical, discretes, and subject tests and 11 Full Lenghts, or are they different that that?

rs76 said:
Are the Q bank same as the topical, discretes, and subject tests and 11 Full Lenghts, or are they different that that?

Not at all,

The Qbank is a collection of 1100+ questions (in 100+ passages) that used to be a separate products that students enrolled in our Kaplan course would have to pay $150 for in addition to their course fee. NON of the items of Qbank are duplicated with the 10,0000 items already available as part of the classroom program. Last year we made a decision to give Qbank to all students. The idea was as such:

Students are required to complete their workshops and quizzes online before coming to class. This was to re-inforce the science content first exposed in the review notes. Then in class is where MCAT integration happens (up until this point you've only seen content for a particular topic). In class you learn how that particular topic is going to be tested on the exam, and you do examples in MCAT passages. You then continue that MCAT passage style practice in topical tests that test you in MCAT passages on only the topics that you just learned (for example, microbiology topical test has 2 passages on microbio, etc.).

Now lets say you don't do well on a particular topical, so you go back to the lecture video online, then to the review notes if necessary. Well if you want to re-test yourself, instead of redoing that same topical test, you should use the qbank to select 2 or 3 passages and the particular topics that you're interested in. The system does the rest and makes a topical test for you.

Another way of using the Qbank is to get used to the format of the new CBT version of the test if you're taking the test on computer.