Kaplan online vs. in the classroom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've always been a "self-studier," not a classroom learner. Thus, I'm thinking about purchasing the online Kaplan course instead of taking the class. How is this, and are there any downsides to this? I've been studying with Exam Krackers. Do you think that the Kaplan materials are better? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, I just thought of another option. I could purchase the Kaplan books in the bookstore (or buy the classroom materials on ebay) and then periodically purchase the AAMC practice tests. How do these materials compare to the online ones? I was reading a thread on each individual program, but it was confusing me because everyone was saying different things. Thanks so much!

Online -

I got jack $hit out of the classroom portion
Why else do you think its only like 300 bucks more if you want the classroom instruction? You get what you pay for.

Yea, online, DEFinitely.

I'm currently doing the online course and 90% of the material is the online questions and tests. I don't see what you'd possibly have to gain by going to the classroom portion as opposed to the online lectures (which you can stop, rewind, fast forward, do whenever you want, etc.).

Members don't see this ad :)
Take the online class. You get a lot of Kaplan full lengths and access to all of the AAMC tests.