Kaplan or examkrackers or both

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tik-tik-clock

CraziiiDesiiKuriii
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have all books and sources from both the sources

I dont want to get lost, so I dont know whether I shuld use exclusively only EK or exclusively only kaplan or should I use both

any suggestions

PS: I am taking my MCAT in Jan

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely try as many verbal reasoning strategies as I could if I were you. Each of these programs claim to have the best method, but in reality it depends on you. I enjoyed EK's strategy to focus on the main idea and to picture the author in your head, but I found Kaplan's strategy of annotating your passages as you progress to be much more useful. That tactic alone boosted me from the 8-9 range to the 11-13 range in VR on my practices.

Definitely test each strategy individually and once you figure out which is best, use their verbal materials. If you use the EK method, the Kaplan VR passages are going to kill you and vice versa.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely test each strategy individually and once you figure out which is best, use their verbal materials. If you use the EK method, the Kaplan VR passages are going to kill you and vice versa.

Are you talking in terms of just Verbal? For VR I use the AAMC stuff and EK 101 verbal. For the sciences, I have read both books.