A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted850921

A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this question has been asked over and over and over again, but which of the 2 is better for a student who has a decent grasp of the material and needs to learn more in the Biology/Chemistry/Physics sections?

I know EK has good questions but doesn't teach well, Kaplan teaches well but doesn't have the most questions, and I can only get 1....any advice super appreciated!
I would get ek between the 2 for the practice alone. You can always supplement content with other resources such as Khan, Ak lectures, and google lol.

Last edited:
I have Kaplan and EK and i find the EK books more enjoyable. I have not taken the MCAT.

Compared to all of my friends who used Kaplan I did the best using EK. They explain general concepts that you can hone and apply to future problems as opposed to straight memorization.

Members don't see this ad :)
Won't matter in the end. I'm currently using Kaplan and really like them. I'm also using TPR Psych/Soc instead of the Kaplan one. I have all of the EK 101's though for practice passages

I used EK and really liked it. I thought the material was presented in a very easy-to-digest and easy-to-remember manner.
I'd say that EK is probably the way to go if you have a very solid base and are willing to supplement a bit. I chose not to use Kaplan because I've heart that it goes into details that won't be on the exam, and I didn't want to get caught up in memorizing things I didn't need to know.
Kaplan is probably a better bet if it's been a while since you've taken the relevant courses.

That said, I know people who got 520+ using either EK or Kaplan. I don't think you can go wrong either way.